Wednesday 15 April 2009

Waiting...

Well, I had kind of hoped that my next post in here would be the arrival of the Little Lady, but as she seems determined to stay put and drive me mad, I thought I should write something. It will probably be mainly whinging though, just a warning.

I'm feeling pretty crappy to be honest. Sleeping terribly, sore and achy, contractions on and off that don't amount to anything. Bah. I really dislike being pregnant! I know it will be worth it in the end but at the moment I just want to be done. I swing between feeling like something could be happening, and like she's never going to come. At the moment it's about 20/80 in favour of the latter. More than anything, I don't want to be induced. I was induced with Felix and it was awful, and after all the planning we've done for a homebirth I would be so gutted. I'm actually looking forward to the labour at home, to using the pool, to being able to introduce her to Felix straight away, to being able to have a nice shower, or go straight to sleep... whatever I want. The thought of being trussed up for 24 hours in a ward full of other people, of Kester not being able to stay the night with us, of being away from Felix for an indefinite amount of time, and of the induction itself just makes me want to cry.

Still, we have about a week and a half before it comes to that, I think. We'll see the midwife on Saturday if nothing has happened by then and she'll probably do a sweep and stretch, so hopefully that will get things going. Then I think I'll have a week after that. Just hurry up baby!

Otherwise it's been a nice couple of weeks. The Easter break was a good one - it was great having Kester home for the long weekend, and I think we both sort of assumed he wouldn't have to go back to work yesterday, but unfortunately he did. Went to Mum and Dad's for Easter Sunday, with Andy and Amy too. Was a nice relaxing day, and apart from a couple of odd little upsets, Felix enjoyed it too and has been talking about Andy and 'Ammy' ever since. Felix didn't actually eat that much chocolate but still managed to get it everywhere:



Then a few more pics I want to share from the last week or so... Firstly some from the park. Honestly, Kester didn't realise how high he was pushing Felix. I was starting to get a little worried and said so but it wasn't until he saw these pictures that he realised himself!

Some gardening pics. Felix currently loves digging, adding the mud to his water table (much to Kester's despair) and pushing around his 'mawnmower'. He also enjoys looking for 'Bubbees' and the moon during the day


A couple of my current favourites of Kester and Felix:

A few of Felix playing Peekaboo:

And then finally, Kester got a load of baby stuff down from the attic this weekend and Felix wanted to sit in the bouncy chair. I had to take some pictures for comparison:

5 comments:

  1. Aww. I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. I know it's cliche, but just try to enjoy these last moments. They'll go by so fast!

    But I can't wait to see what a little female weezyling will look like. I still can't believe you're already about to have her either- I remember when you first announced your pregnancy!

    Anyways, I wish you the best of luck. I will keep my fingers crossed for a healthy & happy delivery this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray up Weezychild 2.0. Initiate podling expulsion sequence asap. I understand about not wanting to be induced a second time - I was very close to have round two myself. It's miserable. I hope you get the home birth you're after.

    Incidentally, are you allowed to move around once induced in your hospital? I had all the freedom I wanted, I just chose to be a lazy sod and stay in bed. Not the best idea as it turned out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was induced with Felix I couldn't move out of bed at all really. I could wheel the IV into the bathroom but they wanted to monitor me constantly, so no moving around was allowed. That was in the US though, it could be different here, I'm not sure... I haven't really asked because I was so homebirth focussed but I suppose I should bring it up with the midwife on saturday. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. I didn't realise that. Things are done quite differently in the US although they tend to have "prettier" birthing rooms (from what I've seen online). Here ours look like little dark hobbit holes by comparison. Definitely ask your midwife but keep the "This sh*t's going down at home,dammit!" mantra running through your head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she comes soon, Louise! We have that same chair - I keep meaning to sell it, but out of sight out of mind, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete