Thursday 19 March 2009

Parklife

The weather yesterday was lovely and sunny, so I thought it was only fair to let Felix get out of the house for a while. I considered the garden but the lawn needed mowing so I decided it could wait for Kester to do it at the weekend. Eventually I decided I would lug my aching pelvis up to Chalkwell Park. Wasn't sure it was such a great idea as the shortest walk can put me out of action for days at the moment, but I made the mistake of mentioning the word 'park' to Felix and within seconds he had got his shoes and was trying to put them on.

It was worth it though; we had a lovely walk up there, which thankfully was pretty slow due to Felix wanting to stop and examine everything en route. And once we were there he loved it. Really loved it. We haven't been since last summer, and he was much more enthusiastic this time - went running over to the play area as soon as he saw it. He seems completely fearless now too and insisted on going on the big boy swings without a baby seat, meaning he had to hold on tightly. Eek. I didn't push him too high though. He went on three out of the four swings in one set, and didn't seem to realise they were all the same, loved the slides and eyed up the really big one, though I knew there was no way I was climbing up it with him and he wouldn't manage it himself so we quickly walked on. He fell off the roundabout twice but didn't seem to care, and even bumped into a little friend from Edward Bear Club, who we haven't seen for ages. He pointed out the sights to her "Plane! Dog! Swing! Sky! Bird!" etc and she seemed fascinated.

I was sore later on, but it was still fun. Again, I'm not exactly sure how I'll manage it with two, but I'm sure I'll find a way! I think I'll have to...



















2 comments:

  1. I took Patrick and Mary to the park the other day. Mary threw a stop when I wouldn't let her go down the slide face first, meanwhile Patrick was trying to spit on my head. Good times.

    ReplyDelete