Friday 6 February 2009

Does my bum look big in this?

I bought a batch of cloth nappies from ebay so that we could try a few different types with the new baby and got them today. It was good, baffling fun trying to work out which was which, whether they needed extra bits etc. Some of them are the birth to potty sort, so I thought I would try to get Felix in one. At first he wasn't sure, said 'no no no' and handed me a disposable but once he looked at himself in the mirror he seemed quite taken with it and said 'niiiice'.

Here he is modelling it:




So yesterday Felix and I were out shopping and stopped to have a bit of lunch. We were eating and he was chattering away and generally being pretty adorable, and I found myself just staring at him and getting quite emotional about what a great kid he is and what's to come.

I'm really looking forward to the baby coming, honestly I am but it just struck me how much things are going to change, how we won't be able to do things just the two of us any more, and how I hope this isn't too hard for him. I'm sure he will benefit greatly from having a sister, and it's not that I'm upset about the thought of a new baby, but suddenly the idea of how much everything will change overwhelmed me quite a lot.


I suppose some of it is that I feel like I haven't really appreciated how great Felix is enough, and how special some of the times we've had have been. Like us eating lunch out together is something we do once a fortnight, often more, if we happen to be in Southend shopping. I enjoy it but it's more convenience than a special time... and suddenly I realised that it actually is pretty special.

All I wanted to do all afternoon was cuddle him (which thankfully Felix is more than happy to do) and even that made me sad because I couldn't help thinking I didn't do it enough.


From what I've been told a lot of people feel this way in a second pregnancy, especially around this time, and obviously the old hormones are all out of whack anyway, but it was still a bit of an emotional experience. How embarrassing it would have been if I'd actually cried, which I nearly did!

Anyway, to close here are a couple of pics of Kester and Dinger being cute:


2 comments:

  1. Aaah bless ya! From what I've heard little boys always love their mums no matter how many stinky girls get in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his diaper modeling! I am sure he will be fine with the new babe, he will always be your oldest and a special boy.

    ReplyDelete