Friday 20 February 2009

Nann-eeeee!

Felix was lucky enough to see his Nanny and Grandad twice this week, which I think was probably the best thing that he could have imagined. Mum very kindly came round a couple of times to help me out with my current immobility, and of course Felix was absolutely thrilled. Today they did some good Play-Dohing, and Felix generally spent the afternoon following her around.




Then when Grandad got here earlier than normal, he couldn't believe his luck. Much chasing and squealing ensued, before settling down with some books.


Felix is a bit of a book-fiend at the moment actually - he has five or six favourites that get read every day at least twice. I love that he's so enthuasiastic but it can be difficult to drum up the enthusiasm to read the same book over and over and over and over....


I haven't posted much this week because we haven't really done much, but I like these pictures from dinner yesterday and Kester's faux apple teeth. The one of Felix screwing up his eyes is because he was preparing for the flash to go off. It made me laugh though.




It's been pretty tough work this week chasing round after the boy with the aches and pains, but he's generally been great. I may be imagining it but he seems super-helpful this week and I'm wondering if he actually understands more of what's going on than I would have thought. A few times when I've told him I can't do something because it hurts, he'll do it for me, and when he's fighting going for a nap, he seems to settle after I tell him I need a rest too. I'm sure it's just wishful thinking, but it's nice anyway! Perhaps he's taking the advice from one of his current favourite books, about helping Mummy get some rest because she has a 'house' inside her to grow the baby in...

Speaking of newborns, I had the pleasure of meeting little 6 week old William on Monday at the Essex Mums coffee morning. I meant to post about it earlier in the week but didn't get round to it. Holding a newborn was quite weird - he was so tiny, and I'd forgotten the funny little noises they make, the way they don't keep still and look at you really intently. Aww. Good to get some practise in though! There was a great turn-out at the meet though, and a good time was had by all, I think. The kids seemed to enjoy themselves too, which is always a bonus.












No comments:

Post a Comment