Tuesday 10 February 2009

What it is


Had a lovely evening yesterday. Mum and Dad babysat while Kester and I went out for a meal and then to see Dylan Moran at the Cliffs Pavilion - real talent so close to home! Who'd have thought it? We went to the Gattapardo on Hamlet Court Road, mainly because we liked the name and it looked nice and it didn't disappoint. The food was great (I risked the mussels assuming - I think correctly - that they would be nice and fresh and local. The service was fantastic and the place itself a nice romantic 'grown-up' spot. Unfortunately after we'd paid the bill we realised we didn't have any cash for a tip - how embarrassing!

We then went on to see Mr. Moran and he was fantastic. It was quite nice as we seemed to be the target audience as a lot of the show was about getting older, growing up, family dynamics etc. I couldn't find any clips from this tour but thought I'd share a couple of my favourite Dylan Moran clips from previous ones:

Dylan Moran on kid's parties

Dylan Moran on getting old

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^Spelling boo boos.

    Could not resist this post. I have so much envy, I'm turning shamrock green here.

    I don't think he could get any cuter than that pic either.

    *seethes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much worse would it make it to say we've already seen him do stand up before, a few years ago?

    I also have a soft spot for his scruffy charms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irked but it's not half as bad as missing Bill Bailey's Tinselworm show at a local theatre early Sept. I know YOU saw it. I really need to get my act together. I know Dylan will be in OZ in May but I don't know if he's coming here.

    *sulks off*

    ReplyDelete
  5. We saw him when he came up to manchester a month or so ago. I think it's the same tour(?) It was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Bill was also wonderful (and it was the second time we've seen him too... *runs away*). I would definitely recommend it if you can go!

    Heather - it would probably be the same tour, as it was so recent. Did he do the bit about falling asleep in his 10 year old's bed and her walking in on him with his 'hairy arse' sticking out and saying "Jesus Christ" under her breath?

    ReplyDelete