Friday 16 January 2009

Felix on art

Emily got Felix a book for Christmas called 'Art for Babies'. It's full of black and white images of well-known prints, I imagine aimed especially at newborns who apparently prefer that sort of thing. Anyway, it looks really nice and came with a frieze of the pictures in the book to put on the wall. I thought it would be a nice way to cover up the crayon marks from where Felix decided to get artistic a couple of months ago, and he seems to love them. We spent a good long while pointing to all the pictures, naming them ("Dot dot dot", "zig zag", "duck" etc.) and pointing out our favourites. Felix then went to fetch his easel and have a go at creating his own masterpiece. He has a little way to go yet, I think, but those swirly-whirly marks are looking pretty good. And they stayed on the paper this time too.



Felix was actually in a really good mood today and kept himself entertained all morning while I got some work done, which was great as it then left the afternoon free for us to play. The morning was spent on a happy rampage, it seemed like he played with every single toy, and particularly enjoyed climbing in and out of his toy box.



However, I seem to have inadvertedly created a tidiness monster (despite what the above pictures might suggest). One of his latest obsessions is 'uff. He likes to pick up pieces of fluff from the floor and bring them to me with a slightly worried look on his face saying ''Uff! Uff!". Erm, thanks Felix.

2 comments:

  1. Felix is such a doll.

    And I LOVE your house. It looks so bright and airy, and the floors are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my daily dose of Felix! He's so cute and seems to be incredibly intelligent. I've come to the conclusion that Felix actually looks a lot like my little brother did at that age! Next time I go home (which may be awhile from now) I'll have to dig up pictures of him to show you, because there is a bit of a resemblance!

    ReplyDelete