Saturday 24 January 2009

Sometimes they surprise you

Felix was in a very destructive mood today. Before midday he had:

* picked up a glass of water and poured it over the bed
* emptied his cereal over the table
* thrown a ball at a glass of orange juice, knocking it all over
* thrown a ball at the washing up, thus smashing a wine glass
* had a paddy when I wouldn't let him pick up the smashed wine glass
* got into a barney with Dinger because he cornered her and was shouting at her, so she scratched him
* Emptied his toys everywhere. Well, thrown them, to be honest.


I knew it couldn't continue after lunch and naptime, if only for the sake of my own sanity, so attempted to keep him a bit more occupied with puzzles and the like. We were sitting on the floor with him on my knee and completely spontaneously, with no encouragement from me, he turned to me and gave me the cutest little kiss, then carried on with what he was doing. It nearly made me cry but I thought that probably wouldn't be the best reaction. It's funny how someone can be at once a rampaging monster and an adorable softy. Aw.

3 comments:

  1. How adorable! I think these little boys are just schemers. They are learning how far to push it, and that all it takes to get back in mommy's favor is a unrequested kiss and a bit of a snuggle. Damian will walk over and rub my back. - coniving little monster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. What a sweetie. Kids are great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't want to tell you what I would have done if that had been Tom for fear of a visit from social services LOL!! But they do that dont they? One minute they are horrible and then in a split second they remind you why you love them so much. Bless him.

    ReplyDelete