Thursday 22 January 2009

Worried Life Blues

It's been a pretty grim few days round here. Felix and Kester have both had pretty grotty colds, and I've been feeling exhausted. Unfortunately (or perhaps this is a good thing really) Felix hasn't really been sick much in his short life, just a few colds here and there so he doesn't get that rest and relaxation really does help. He's been determined not to nap and it's been driving me a bit potty. Then on top of that I've had the most dreadful pregnancy hormone bonkersness. I think it's partly the tiredness too, but I seem to be getting upset at the stupidest thing (such as a dish breaking yesterday) and have been really snappy with Felix, which then makes me feel really guilty because he hasn't done anything wrong. Add to that a feeling that I'm making a really bad job of it all at the moment and concern that I'm not going to be able to cope with two and... well... it's been a lot of fun.

Thankfully Mum came round on her normal Wednesday visit yesterday, and as there's nothing more Felix likes than seeing his Nanny, it took the pressure off a lot. They had a good play, even though he was completely exhausted, and I got to just sit there and zone out for a bit.






We did have a nice time this morning though. We needed some bread from the shop so took a walk round the corner. It's a five minute walk but we spent nearly an hour doing it because I thought it might be nice for Felix to get out a bit (we haven't done much recently), as well as getting him nice and worn out for his nap (ha, like that worked). He splashed in puddles, balanced along walls (thought I'm wondering if I really should have introduced him to that as he wanted to walk along everyone we came to), looked at pieces of rubbish he found. Ah, lovely. Oh, and for some reason he seems convinced that Nanny lives in the house on the corner. Strange boy.











So despite Felix taking forever to get to sleep and driving me to tears, again. I'm actually feeling somewhat better now, thanks to Kester. Although I'm still a bit glum. Gah, and now Neighbours is really sad, just to add to my horrible pregnancy hormonal imbalance.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously...Felix is so stinkin' adorable. He's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his jacket and boots they are adorable! I hope you all get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lou. I thought something was up on Wednesday. You are doing fine honestly. It's normal to have the odd panic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that last picture of Felix facing the fence is my new favorite. I am sure that will only last until the next time you post pictures of him :)

    ReplyDelete