Monday 5 January 2009

Snow!

We had snow this morning. It was hardly anything really but it was still snow, lovely snow. Felix was quite confused when we opened the blinds and made lots of 'oooh!' noises whilst pointing at it. Dinger went out for five minutes then starting miaowing at the window frantically. I should probably point out that I love snow, even just a smattering of the stuff. I thought living in Chicago might cure me of my snow obsession, but nope.

Anyway, after breakfast we went out for a play in the garden. This mainly involved Felix prodding things and generally looking a bit confused. Of course, he didn't want to wear gloves so his hands were freezing, which somewhat limited his snow time. Also, my being pregnant meant I wasn't really up for rolling around in it, making snow angels etc. (Can you make a snow angel in a centimetre of snow?). Felix had fun and actually had a mini paddy when I made us come inside, but I was worried his little fingers would fall off.









5 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love Felix's jacket!

    And I can't wait to move to the snow. It simply does not snow here. Ever. Quite disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can have our snow. All of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, looks like fun! I love Felix's tiny footprints in the snow. And I giggled regarding the snowangel part. I wonder what a pregnant snow angel would look like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, snow! How fun. How much do you guys usually get over the course of winter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candice, we don't really get much at all. All these films that show snowy Britain at Christmas time are just lies, unless you live up in Scotland! We sometimes get the odd centimetre here and there, and once every five years or so, we'll get a bumper crop, like a good half a foot, the whole country will grind to a standstill and everyone starts complaining, even though they've been moaning every year that there is no snow...

    ReplyDelete