Tuesday 13 January 2009

Turn to the left

We've decided to give this cloth nappy lark a go with number two, though to be honest it's all a bit baffling. I bought a couple of covers from ebay though, mainly to get a feel of what we'd be working with! So here we have the ultra-stylish Kester and Felix modelling the latest in... um... cloth nappy covers. I don't think they quite have it right though.








Got some of the bits through from the other ebay orders too and they are delightfully girly and cute. So tiny too, though this hat that Felix is modelling is supposed to be for a newborn. Felix has a fairly small head, but still, this would surely swamp a newborn?



I was feeling exhausted again today, thankully Kester was working from home and took over this afternoon so that I could have a rest, and Felix was in a pretty good mood most of the day. He entertained himself by playing with his toys, trying to steal my drink, climbing into a box of toys etc. Despite his good mood, every other word at the moment is 'no'. 'Would you like a drink Felix?' 'No', 'Is it time for bed?' 'No'. Even things he likes get the answer 'No', or if he really means it 'no no no!'. It's quite cute, but I'm looking forward to this negative phase being over. Though Kester pointed out that when it does it will probably be replaced with 'why?'. I may be foolish, but I'm kind of looking forward to that phase.




And to finish, just a few pics that I thought were cute, if a bit serious. I'm sure he gets more adorable by the day, though obviously I'm rather biased. We discovered yesterday that he's actually a short-arse though. We measured his height on Sunday when he turned 18 months and he's about 80cm which apparently puts him in the 25th percentile. I'm not too worried as apparently at this age they can grow an inch overnight during a growth spurt, and 2cm more would put him in the 50th, but it was still a surprise, especially considering he was in the 91st percentile when he was born. Ah well, I'm sure his cheeky smile will get him far, even if he's only wee.







3 comments:

  1. Haha, cute pictures with the nappy on their heads. Felix has got to be one of the most adorable kids I have ever seen! I just want to gobble him up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need any help with the nappy stuff just shout. I am actually getting rid of quite a few of Toms that we have hardly used if your interested?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I LOVE those pictures!!! I think we're gonna give cloth diapering a try with baby #2. You'll have to let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete